Monday, January 18, 2010

January Scarf - Homespun Edition Underway

I did it! I finished spinning, washed the wool, set the twist, dried it, and wrapped it up into a ball (I so need to find a better way to do this next time - it took me three hours to untangle it last night after my beautiful skein turned into a Gordion knot) in time to cast on today!
I ended up with 125 yards of wool - a little short of what I worked with to create scarf number one. I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully it will be enough and I won't have to spin more wool at the end of the month.
Cast on was tonight, I have my first cable done. The picture isn't the greatest but you get the idea. I am using the same size 13 needles as the original. It is giving it a lighter, more open feel.
Enough typing, I have knitting to get to!

2 comments:

  1. Your spinning is wonderful! Did you say you just started spinning? I must have read that wrong, you look like you've been doing it a long time. I have to get my fleeces out again and get back to spinning. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you! I just started spinning this past spring, I thank you for the lovely compliment!

    ReplyDelete