Thursday, January 14, 2010

Spinning and Sparklies

The spinning portion of January has commenced, I have one bobbin full of singles ready to go and the second waiting to be spun on my wheel.
Here is the first bobbin of my white merino wool singles. I know they are not perfect but hey... neither am I. Once plied together it should make a nice worsted weight yarn.
One thing I did notice while knitting was how difficult it can be to keep track of what row you are on. It is so easy to get distracted and lose your place! So I figured there had to be a better way to count my rows than mumbling numbers to myself or doodling on a scrap of paper that kept floating away on me. I did not have one of those "high tech" clicky things but I did have a lot of beads... so being crafty and resourceful, I present to you the row counter bracelet!
Fancy.... It's like a pretty little abacus for your wrist! I got a bit carried away with the sparklies, and decided everyone needs one of these handy devices, made a bunch more and just finished posting them on my etsy shop dharmayarns. I have another brilliant idea for a different style row counter but I'm waiting on supplies. More on that to come...

Dharma supervising the etsy photo shoot. I told you she helps with everything...
With the sparklies put safely out of eyesight, I must now go back to my wheel and spin spin spin. I still have to ply and set the twist before I can begin knitting January Scarf version 2. I hope to have this all done this weekend so I can be knitting again on Monday.

Oh one last thing... I want to thank Sarah from The Paisley Studio for mentioning me on her blog. Sarah is a fabulous rug hooker an amazing artist, and a good friend! You can fondle my knit wares anytime Sarah!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia, I just came from Sarah's site. I love your counter bracelets, great idea. Also love the colors! Come visit my blog when you get a chance. I will be added your site to my links! I look forward to following your blog and seeing your scarves and by the way your spinning looks pretty good to me! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to fondle! Have you met Kim, Alicia? She, too, is a friend of Barbara Chuvalas and used to sell her fabulous dolls and yarn at the Country Parlor Sale. I believe Kim is a former Long Islander and the her mom still lives here . . . And Kim stops by my booth at the Sheep & Wool Festival every year . . . I'll introduce you if you come next year . . .

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete