Sunday, January 31, 2010

My New Studio!

I have spent the last week transforming the unused second bedroom, (formerly known as the dog room,) into my brand new fabulous craft room/studio. It started with a trip to Ikea for one of those fantastic cube shelving units and it just snowballed from there. After a lot of hard work figurign out Ikea's directions to build there furniture, and the even harder task of organization, it is finally finished. I call the style "Depression Era Chic." Take a look for yourself.


My sewing counter
My wall of cubbies... everything has a place! Those boxes were a find at Home Goods... love that store.

My pressing and cutting station - This is one of my favorite antique store finds, a vintage 30's Hoosier with enamel top and crystal knobs.
Dharma supervising atop of another great junk store treasure - a vintage 20's enamel top art deco carved tabel.

So exciting! I've been sewing away prototyping a new knitting project bag.... you'll see it soon!
Scarf class tomorrow - will post regarding the next pattern.







1 comment:

  1. Your studio is very, very pretty! I like the colours and the furniture! What a great place to be creative.

    ReplyDelete